NYSC camps in the N’East to be re-opened soon
The Director General of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier General Sule Zakari Kazuare, at the weekend disclosed that all orientation camps in the North East, which were closed because of insurgency would be re-opened soon.
Kazuare stated this when he visited the NYSC camp at Wannune in Tarka Local Council of Benue State as part of his maiden tour to all corps facilities in the country.
He explained that through multiple security network relative calm has been restored to the states earlier rampaged by Boko Haram insurgents, such that the military is now in full control of the areas and it is safe to send in corps members for their mandatory one-year assignment to the nation.
“The camp in Gombe State has been reopened. All other camps in the North East will reopen soon. This is as a result of the relative peace that had returned to those states,” he said.
He assured corps members that his administration would focus on their welfare and security while also charging them to assist in developing the host community in their state of primary assignment.
The DG expressed satisfaction with the facilities at the camp and warned corps members against drug abuse and indecent dressing.
Earlier, the state coordinator of NYSC, Mrs. Esther Atamewhan, said 1,727 corps members for Batch A 2016 were received and registered at the camp, which formally opened in the state last week. – GUARDIAN
More Stories
BREAKING: SUPREME COURT SETS ASIDE JUDGMENT AFFIRMING ABURE AS LP NATIONAL CHAIRMAN
The Supreme Court has set aside the judgment of the Court of Appeal in Abuja recognising Julius Abure as the...
CRIME: THREE FOREIGNERS ARRESTED IN NASARAWA ILLEGAL MINING SITE RAID
An illicit mining facility in the Rafin-Gabas neighborhood of Kokona Local Government Area, Nasarawa State, has been closed by the...
BODE GEORGE TO TINUBU: RIVERS, NATASHA SAGA THREATEN NIGERIA’S DEMOCRACY
Former Deputy National chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief ‘Bode George, yesterday, said the declaration of a state...
JAMB OPENS PORTAL FOR 2025 UTME MOCK EXAM SLIP PRINTING
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has announced that candidates who registered to participate in the 2025 optional UTME-Mock examination...
SOUTH KOREA COURT SACKS PRESIDENT YOON KEOL
South Korea’s top court on Friday unanimously ruled to remove impeached president Yoon Suk Yeol from office over his disastrous...
MINISTER DENIES OWING N200M, DISMISSES SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIMS
The Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, has denied owing a businesswoman, Tracynither Ohiri, N200 million for promotional materials she supplied...