Arsenal receive huge boost for Lyon star striker Lacazette
Arsenal’s chase for £40million Alexandre Lacazette has received a huge boost after Lyon admitted for the first time that the striker could be sold.
Bruno Genesio, manager of the French club, said: “He can leave if Lyon want him to. There are some offers that you cannot refuse.”
Arsene Wenger has already had a £29.3million bid for the 25-year-old marksman rejected and is set to return this week with an improved offer.
Lyon president Jean Michel Aules has so far insisted Lacazette will not be sold but the comments from Genesio are the first indication that there is a price at which they are prepared to do business.
West Ham last month had a number of bids rejected before finally meeting Lyon’s asking price of £40million plus bonuses – only to be told by Lacazette that he has his heart set on joining a club in the Champions League.
Genesio suggested the door remains ajar for a deal with Arsenal to be done.
He added: “My desire as manager is that the best players stay and Lacazette is very important for the team.
“I have been assured by my president that we will keep the player. You never know what could happen right up until the 31st August.”
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...