I can get involved in the play more’ – Sanchez loving life as Arsenal striker
The Chile international has been utilised further up the pitch by the Gunners so far this season, scoring eight goals while registering seven assists in all competitions
Alexis Sanchez is loving life as Arsenal’s new centre-forward but has made it clear he is happy to play wherever Arsene Wenger needs him.
The Chile international had mainly been featuring out wide since joining Arsenal from Barcelona in 2014, but has deposed Olivier Giroud as the Gunners’ main man up front this season.
Sanchez needed a bit of research to fully understand his new position, but he is feeling right at home as the focal point of the Arsenal attack.
“I like it as a centre forward because I can get involved in the play more,” Sanchez told Arsenal’s official website.
“I have the chance to drop deep a little bit more and that means I can link up with my team-mates more.
“[The manager] is the one who decides, he is the one who changes things around and decides where we play. He asked me to play there so I said fine.
“I looked up some videos on the internet to see how I needed to adjust my movement and I have been adapting since then.”
Sanchez has scored eight goals and recorded seven assists in 15 appearances in all competitions for Arsenal this campaign.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
WORLD NEWS: CANADA RETALIATES WITH 25% TARIFF ON SOME US AUTO IMPORTS
Canada said it would impose a 25 per cent tariff on some autos imported from the United States, retaliating against...
DELTA HIGHLIGHTS CURRENT FLOOD CONTROL EFFORTS AMIDST HEAVY RAINFALL
Wednesday night, after several hours of intense rain, vehicles were stopped at Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area, Delta State....
JUST IN: NSA RECEIVES EX-NYSC DG TSIGA, 18 OTHER RESCUED KIDNAP VICTIMS
The National Counter Terrorism Center has handed over the former Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Maharazu Tsiga,...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...