Arsene Wenger: ‘Jose Mourinho will not park the bus’
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said that he does not expect Jose Mourinho to adopt an overly-defensive approach when Manchester United travel to the Emirates Stadium.
The Red Devils have failed to beat any top-six opposition away from home under Mourinho in seven attempts since he took charge last year, drawing three and losing four.
United have also netted just one goal in that time – in a 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur six months ago – and were recently criticised for the tactics deployed in their goalless draw with Liverpool at Anfield.
Wenger believes that the visitors will attempt to find the right balance between attack and defence on Saturday evening, however, telling reporters: “I don’t expect anything special [defensively]. Man United is a strong team and I expect us just to cope with the problems they will give us.
“They will attack as well. They will not only defend. It is a game between Arsenal and Man United at home. I just want to focus and to prepare well my team, and give my team a good chance to win the game. Man United are doing well at the moment, we are doing well at the moment, so it looks to be a promising game.”
Wenger, who will be without club-record signing Alexandre Lacazette against United, has seen his side climb into fourth place following a run of three-successive wins.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...