Custody battle: Atiku’s son loses to wife
A Chief Magistrate Court in Tinubu, Lagos, on Wednesday granted full custody of the children of the son of former Vice President, Abubakar Atiku, Aminu, to his estranged wife, Fatima Bolori.
Kikelomo Ayeye, the Chief Magistrate, ordered that the two children – Aamir, 7, and Ameera, 9 – reside with Ms. Bolori at her residence in Katampe Extension in Abuja.
Aminu and his lawyer were absent in court.
“The applicant (Ms. Bolori) is ordered to put the children in schools suited for their educational needs in Abuja,” the magistrate said.
“Access is granted to the respondent (Aminu) to visit his children in Abuja and request for the children to spend holidays with him.
“The respondent is ordered to pay monthly upkeep for the children in the amount of N250,000 monthly beginning January 2018 and also effect medical insurance on each of the children.”
Aminu and his estranged wife, Ms. Bolori, engaged in a messy custody battle over their two children last year after their divorce in 2011.
The children were living with their mother, with an arrangement that they should be allowed to spend their vacation with their father.
In October, the magistrate ordered that Aminu be remanded in a transit cell of the court for disobeying a court order to produce Aamir, but was later released when he fulfilled the court order.
More Stories
UPDATE: DEATH TOLL IN PLATEAU ATTACK RISES TO 52
According to local authorities, 52 people have died as a result of the recent attacks in Plateau State's Bokkos Local...
WORLD NEWS: US TARIFFS A ‘SIGNIFICANT RISK’ TO GLOBAL ECONOMY – IMF CHIEF
Agency Report New US tariffs "clearly represent a significant risk to the global outlook," said IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva on...
JUST IN: PDP, YORUBA LEADER, YEKINI ADEOJO PASSES AWAY
Tears and tributes are pouring in following the passing of Chief Yekini Adeojo, a highly respected political elder and traditional...
TRUMP LAUNCHES $5m ‘GOLD CARD’ FOR WEALTHY NIGERIAN MIGRANTS, OTHERS
U.S. President Donald Trump has unveiled the first “gold card,” a residency permit set to be sold for $5 million...
AKPABIO DISMISSES NATASHA’S ASSASSINATION CLAIM
The Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio, on Friday, debunked a claim by the suspended Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan,...
DE BRUYNE CONFIRMS MAN CITY EXIT AT SEASON’S END
Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne confirmed on Friday that he will leave the club at the end of the...