Buhari thanks Nigerians as son leaves hospital
President Muhammadu Buhari and his family on Friday thanked all those who identified with them after the bike accident that involved their son, Yusuf, in Abuja on December 26.
In a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the first family said prayers rendered by those within and outside the country let to their son being discharged from hospital.
“We thank Nigerians from all walks of life, both within and outside the country, leaders of many foreign countries, groups, organisations, individuals, and many others, who prayed, visited, sent messages, and generally stood by us at the trying time,” the family said, praying that almighty Allah would reward them all.
Adesina confirmed that Yusuf was discharged from Cedarcrest Hospital, Abuja, on Friday, following what the Chief Medical Director described as his “extremely speedy response to treatment.”
The presidential spokesman had earlier in the day issued a statement indicating that Yusuf’s health had improved remarkably and he was ready to be discharged.
He had said the news of Yusuf’s improved health and imminent discharge was contained in a statement dated January 12, 2018, by the Medical Director of the Hospital, Dr. Felix Ogedegbe.
He reproduced Ogedegbe’s statement which also denied media reports that the President’s wife, Aisha, also suffered shock and was treated at the hospital.
He also quoted the report as saying that there was also no truth in the report that Yusuf was involved in the accident alongside his friend.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...
EDO GUBER TRIBUNAL JUDGMENT BETRAYS JUDICIAL IMPARTIALITY — PDP
The National leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has described the judgment of the Edo State Governorship Election Petition...
“WE WERE HELD WITH HYENAS, SNAKES” – GENERAL TSIGA RECOUNTS KIDNAP ORDEAL
Former Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier General Maharazu Tsiga (rtd), who spent over two months in...