Fulham sign Andre Schurrle on two-year loan
The 27-year-old joined the Bundesliga giants two years ago but has struggled for game time, with just three goals in 33 league appearances to his name since.
The switch to Craven Cottage marks a return to London for the Germany international, who won the Premier League with Chelsea during his two-year stint from 2013 to 2015.
“I’m so happy to be here, I can’t wait to get started. Fulham were the first club that showed interest in me – that was something that I appreciated a lot, and one of the reasons I wanted to come here,” Schurrle told the Fulham website.
“I love ball possession, I love attacking, and I love making runs, so I think it could be perfect. I have to fight for my place and I have to show my quality so that I can be a member who really helps the team.”
Fulham owner Tony Khan added: “I’m thrilled to announce that the Fulham Football Club has signed Andre Schurrle on loan from Borussia Dortmund. Andre has been a top target for us, as he has for other clubs throughout Europe, so I’m very happy that our pursuit was successful.”
The signing of Schurrle marks another impressive capture for the Cottagers this summer following the high-profile arrival of Jean Michael Seri earlier this month.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...