AC Milan ‘considering move for Manchester United winger Anthony Martial’
#MTNshortz3SixtyWorld
Clubs in continental Europe have until the end of the month to bring in new players despite the English transfer window ending last week, and the future of Martial remains uncertain with the France international understood to want to leave Old Trafford due to a lack of first-team football.
The likes of Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur were thought to be interested in the attacker prior to Thursday’s domestic deadline, and Italian newspaper La Repubblica now claims that Milan are considering a bid.
Martial has fallen behind the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Marcus Rashford in the pecking order under manager Jose Mourinho and played no part in Friday night’s season-opening win over Leicester City.
However, United are reluctant to lose the 22-year-old given that they are no longer able to sign a replacement.
Martial made 18 Premier League starts last season, but only four of those came after the end of January, when Sanchez joined the club.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...