
BREAKING: LUIS ENRIQUE QUITS AS SPAIN HEAD COACH AFTER WORLD CUP EXIT
The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has announced that Luis Enrique has resigned from his position as head coach of Spain, following the nation’s elimination from the World Cup.
The RFEF issued a statement thanking Luis Enrique for his service and expressing its desire to start a new project for the national team.
The statement confirmed that Luis Enrique’s contract, which is due to expire at the end of the year, would not be renewed.
Spain suffered a disappointing last-16 exit at the tournament in Qatar after losing to Morocco on penalties on Tuesday.
The 52-year-old had been in charge of Spain since 2018, said after the match that he was to blame for the defeat.
More Stories
ARSENAL’S GABRIEL RULED OUT FOR REST OF SEASON
Arsenal have suffered a major setback ahead of their Champions League clash against Real Madrid after Gabriel was ruled out...
ONDO JOINT SECURITY TASK FORCE NABS 61 SUSPECTED KIDNAPPERS, CRIMINALS
Ondo State Joint Security Task Force has arrested 28 suspected kidnap syndicates and 33 other suspected criminals. Adetunji Adeleye, commander...
TROOPS KILL 4 MOST-WANTED TERRORIST COMMANDERS, CAPTURE LEADER ABDULLAHI ALI
The Nigerian military has announced the elimination of four notorious terrorist commanders and the capture of one wanted terrorist leader,...
‘DON’T HIJACK OUR PARTY’ – SDP CHAIRMEN WARN EL-RUFAI, NEW MEMBERS
The Forum of Social Democratic Party Chairmen on Thursday warned former Kaduna Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, as well as new and...
I WAS OFFERED LIFE-CHANGING MONEY TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST PETER OBI – ODUMODUBLVCK
Nigerian rapper Tochukwu Ojogwu, better known by his stage name Odumodublvck, has stated that he declined "life-changing" funds offered to...
WORLD NEWS: CANADA RETALIATES WITH 25% TARIFF ON SOME US AUTO IMPORTS
Canada said it would impose a 25 per cent tariff on some autos imported from the United States, retaliating against...