
MAHREZ COMPLETES £30m TO SAUDI CLUB AL-AHLI
Riyad Mahrez’s five year at the Ettihad stadium has come to a close after completing a £30m move to Al-Ahli from Manchester City
He had been given permission to miss City’s pre-season tour of Japan and South Korea to finalise the move.
The 32-year-old Algeria international winger has now signed a three-year contract with the Saudi Pro League side.
In his farewell statement, Mahrez said, “To play for Manchester City has been an honour and privilege.”
“I came to City to win trophies and enjoy my football and I achieved all that and so much more.
“I have had five unforgettable years with this football club, working with unbelievable players, fantastic supporters, and the best manager in the world.
“I’ve made a lifetime of wonderful memories and the manner of our Premier League title wins and the battles we’ve had with Liverpool and, last year, Arsenal, underlined our collective desire and mentality to be the best.
“Manchester City will forever be a huge and happy part of my life.”
Mahrez’s five years at the Ettihad saw him win four Premier League titles, two FA Cups, three Carabao Cups and the a Champions League title.
More Stories
TINUBU APPOINTS AYO SOTINRIN AS BANK OF AGRICULTURE MD
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Ayo Sotinrin as the new Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture (BOA), with immediate...
WORK TO BEGIN ON INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE IN THREE WEEKS – UMAHI REVEALS
The Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, says that permanent work on the Independence Bridge will commence in three weeks. Briefing...
HACKERS STEAL $500,000 IN PENSION SAVINGS FROM AUSTRALIAN RETIREES
Australia’s largest pension funds have been hit by a wave of coordinated cyberattacks, compromising more than 20,000 accounts and leading...
TINUBU APPOINTS AYO SOTINRIN AS BANK OF AGRICULTURE MD
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Mr. Ayo Sotinrin as the new Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture (BOA), with...
UPDATE: FG REOPENS INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE AFTER EMERGENCY REPAIRS (VIDEO)
The Federal Government has officially reopened the Independence Bridge in Lagos following emergency repair works. This comes two days after...
TRAGIC: GUNMEN KILL TWO, ABDUCT 12 IN BENUE HIGHWAY ATTACK
The driver and a front-seat passenger were killed in Thursday night's ambush of an 18-seater bus operated by the Benue...