
CLEAR PASSPORT BACKLOG IN NEXT TWO WEEKS, MINISTER TELLS IMMIGRATION
The Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, has instructed the contractors working with the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) to ensure that passport application backlogs are cleared “within the next two weeks”.
Tunji-Ojo, in a Thursday post on X, formerly Twitter, stated that the directive was one of several “swift measures” aimed at eliminating barriers which applicants encounter.
“As part of swift measures to remove all bottlenecks in the acquisition of passport and immigration documents, I engaged service providers to the immigration service to ensure the backlogs of applications are cleared within the next two weeks,” he said.
‘Speed Up Process’
Last week, the interior minister charged agency heads to speed up the process of application and collection of Nigerian passports.
“Nigerians should not have to queue endlessly to get passports. No, this must stop,” Tunji-Ojo was quoted as saying in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Minister of Interior, Alao Babatunde.
The minister also noted that President Bola Tinubu had no interest in excuses, saying the agency heads must walk the talk as the country is at a critical point and in dire need of transformation.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...