
BENUE POLICE CONFIRMS DEATH OF DPO, THREE OTHER OFFICERS AFTER GUN BATTLE WITH OTUKPO BANK ROBBERS
The Otukpo Divisional Police Officer, John Adikwu, and three other police officers were slain in yesterday’s gun battle with the bank thieves, who also killed other people both inside and outside the bank premises, according to the Benue State police.
In a news release released on Saturday, October, the command’s spokesperson, SP Sewuese Anene, stated that many of the bank robbers fled into the forest after two of them were shot and died after a gunfight with a squad of security reinforcement along the Otukpo/Taraku Federal Highway.
In addition, SP Anene said that the suspects are currently being pursued by the police in an effort to bring them to justice.
Ten people were slain in a bank heist in Benue State’s Otukpo Local Government Area on Friday, according to a national television broadcast.
Security personnel did not confront the daring thieves throughout their two-hour operation.
Otukpo sources claim that the thieves struck five commercial banks, the majority of which are situated across from the Divisional Police Headquarters, in large numbers.
Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia, the governor of Benue State, has denounced the armed robbery incidents in the meantime.
In a statement sent to Alia by Tersoo Kulo, the Chief Press Secretary, the governor referred to the robbery event as an insult to the state, citing its timing in relation to the Security Council meeting taking place at Government House Makurdi.
The governor expressed sympathy to the families of those who had been brutally killed by the criminals during the heist.
More Stories
WORLD NEWS: US TARIFFS A ‘SIGNIFICANT RISK’ TO GLOBAL ECONOMY – IMF CHIEF
Agency Report New US tariffs "clearly represent a significant risk to the global outlook," said IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva on...
JUST IN: PDP, YORUBA LEADER, YEKINI ADEOJO PASSES AWAY
Tears and tributes are pouring in following the passing of Chief Yekini Adeojo, a highly respected political elder and traditional...
TRUMP LAUNCHES $5m ‘GOLD CARD’ FOR WEALTHY NIGERIAN MIGRANTS, OTHERS
U.S. President Donald Trump has unveiled the first “gold card,” a residency permit set to be sold for $5 million...
GOV UZODINMA SWEARS IN ACTING IMO CJ, TWO COMMISSIONERS
Along with two new commissioners, Prof. Bernard Ikegwuoha and Dr. (Mrs.) Chioma Egu, Justice Theophilus Nnamdi Nzeukwu was sworn in...
(UPDATE) NATASHA VS AKPABIO: COURT RESTRAINS PARTIES FROM GRANTING INTERVIEWS
The Federal High Court in Abuja's Justice Binta Nyako has prohibited parties to the lawsuit brought by suspended Senator Natasha...
AKPABIO DISMISSES NATASHA’S ASSASSINATION CLAIM
The Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio, on Friday, debunked a claim by the suspended Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan,...