
VINICIUS EXTENDS REAL MADRID DEAL TILL 2027
Vinicius Junior, a Brazilian forward has signed a new contract with Real Madrid that runs until 2027, the Spanish club announced on Tuesday.
“Real Madrid and Vini Jr. have reached an agreement to extend the player’s contract, linking him to the club until 30 June 2027,” the club said in a statement.
Vinicius, 23, joined Madrid in 2018 from Brazilian club Flamengo and has developed into one of La Liga’s standout players, scoring the winning goal in last year’s Champions League final against Liverpool.
His existing contract was due to expire at the end of this season. Local media reported an extension had already been agreed last year, but it was only made official on Tuesday.
The club provided no financial details, but Spanish media reported the arrangement includes a one-billion euro ($1.06 billion) release clause—identical to those inserted into the contract of several Barcelona youngsters.
Vinicius finished sixth Monday in this year’s Ballon d’Or voting and also received the Socrates award, named after the Brazil icon, in recognition of his humanitarian work.
More Stories
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...
EDO GUBER TRIBUNAL JUDGMENT BETRAYS JUDICIAL IMPARTIALITY — PDP
The National leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has described the judgment of the Edo State Governorship Election Petition...
“WE WERE HELD WITH HYENAS, SNAKES” – GENERAL TSIGA RECOUNTS KIDNAP ORDEAL
Former Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier General Maharazu Tsiga (rtd), who spent over two months in...
NATASHA HAILS INEC, MOCKS RIVALS OVER FAILED RECALL BID
The lawmaker representing Kogi Central, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, on Thursday, commended the Independent National Electoral Commission for rejecting the process...
I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE CLOSURE – UMAHI
The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has said that he was unaware of the closure of the Independence Bridge in...