
TROOPS RESCUE SIX KIDNAP VICTIMS IN KEBBI FOREST
Troops of the Nigerian Army and local vigilantes have rescued six hostages abducted by bandits in a forest in Shanga Local Government Area of Kebbi State.
The all-male hostages were rescued in good condition on Friday and had been reunited with their families.
This was disclosed in a statement on Sunday by the Special Adviser to Governor Nasir Idris on Media and Publicity, Malam Yahaya Sarki.
“The victims have been reported missing, I mean kidnapped for some time now. Security operatives in the area comprising the army and the local vigilante were alerted and they swung into action inside the Shanga bush, luckily the victims were rescued by the security operatives,” he said.
He also commended the gallant efforts of the troops, reiterating the unwavering commitment of Kauran Gwandu’s led administration toward supporting the security agencies in the state.
The government official noted that marching orders have been given to all security personnel to deal decisively with any threat to the lives and properties of people in the State.
Kebbi is one of the states in the North-West that is affected by banditry. Others are Zamfara, Sokoto, Kaduna, Katsina.
Despite efforts by security agencies as well as the respective state governments, the bandits have continued to wreak havoc in the region.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...