
BREAKING: S’COURT DISMISSES OMO-AGEGE’S APPEAL AGAINST GOV OBOREVWORI
The Supreme Court in a unanimous judgment, on Friday, dismissed the appeal brought before it by the All Progressives Congress, APC, and its governorship candidate, Ovie-Omo-Agege against the election of Delta State governor, Sheriff Oborevwori.
The court in the lead judgment delivered by Justice John Inyang Okoro held that Omo-Agege, a former Deputy Senate President failed woefully to establish that the election was invalid for alleged corrupt malpractices.
Justice Okoro said that none of the allegations against the March 18, 2023 election was established as required by law.
While Oborevwori scored 360,234 votes to win the governorship election, his closest rival, Omo-Agege of the APC polled 240,229 votes.
The Supreme Court rejected the plea by Omo-Agege that the election be nullified on the allegations that the election was not conducted in substantial compliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act.
Justice Okoro also rejected his claim that the results of the governorship election were not properly recorded in some polling units and the allegations that the forms that contained some of the recorded results did not have serial numbers.
While affirming Oborevwori as the lawfully elected governor for Delta State, the apex court affirmed the judgments of the Delta State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal and the Court of Appeal which had earlier dismissed Omo-Agege’s petition for want of merit.
More Stories
BODE GEORGE TO TINUBU: RIVERS, NATASHA SAGA THREATEN NIGERIA’S DEMOCRACY
Former Deputy National chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief ‘Bode George, yesterday, said the declaration of a state...
JAMB OPENS PORTAL FOR 2025 UTME MOCK EXAM SLIP PRINTING
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has announced that candidates who registered to participate in the 2025 optional UTME-Mock examination...
SOUTH KOREA COURT SACKS PRESIDENT YOON KEOL
South Korea’s top court on Friday unanimously ruled to remove impeached president Yoon Suk Yeol from office over his disastrous...
MINISTER DENIES OWING N200M, DISMISSES SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIMS
The Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, has denied owing a businesswoman, Tracynither Ohiri, N200 million for promotional materials she supplied...
COURT ORDERS FINAL FORFEITURE OF ABUJA, KANO PROPERTIES TIED TO FIRS OFFICIAL
The Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday, ordered the final forfeiture of two property linked to a staff member...
DEAD PREGNANT WOMAN: LAGOS HOSPITAL DENIES DEMANDING N500K FOR TREATMENT
The Lagos private hospital, As Salam Convalescent Centre, located in Iwerekun 1, Ibeju/Lekki, has denied claims that it demanded an...