
MILITARY DECLARES HALILU BUZU WANTED FOR TERRORISM, ILLEGAL ARMS SUPPLIES
The Director of Operations, Major General Edward Buba, made this announcement in Abuja during the biweekly Defence Media Operations media briefing. He stated that Halilu Buzu, a native of Niger, lives in a forest in Zamfara State and frequently flees to the Niger Republic after carrying out attacks in Nigeria.
On the other hand, General Buba stated that the military is collaborating with its counterparts in the Niger Republic to guarantee the capture of the terrorist who employs numerous boys.
Buba added that in the previous two weeks, 253 kidnapped victims had been successfully rescued by Nigerian Army troops.
He said that the Troops of Operations Y-Watch, the Troops of Nokia-Fighting Patrols, and the Troops of Operations Delta State were responsible for the accomplishment.
While also announcing the killing of some insurgents, he said the fight against terrorism is one that “must be won”.
Speaking further, Buba also said that the troops neutralised 227 and arrested 529 terrorists. Eleven perpetrators of oil theft were also arrested in the weeks under review.
“We relentlessly target these categories of terrorists such that we will be able to take them out, and take them off battle field as soon as possible.
“Soon, the fate of such terrorists will be decided. It will be violent and it will be short, and will stop at nothing to take them off the battle field,” he said.
More Stories
HEALTH: SIERRA LEONE STARTS MPOX VACCINATION AS CASES RISE
Sierra Leone on Wednesday started injecting frontline health care workers and high risk-individuals and children from age 12 with a...
NATASHA SLAMS YAHAYA BELLO, URGES HIM TO FOCUS ON CLEARING HIS NAME
Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has urged former governor Yahaya Bello to focus on addressing the corruption allegations against...
TRUMP SLAPS HEAVY TARIFFS ON CHINA, EU, OTHERS
Agency Report US President Donald Trump on Wednesday unveiled a raft of punishing tariffs targeting countries around the world, including...
UPDATE: POLICE UNCOVER CRIMINAL HIDEOUT AT SAGAMU INTERCHANGE, BEEF UP SECURITY
The Ogun State Police Command on Wednesday said it has beefed up security around the Sagamu interchange, on the Lagos-Ibadan...
FORMER NYSC DG, TSIGA, REGAINS FREEDOM FROM KIDNAPPERS DEN AFTER 2 MONTHS
The former Director General (DG) of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig,-Gen Maharazu Tsiga (rtd) has regained freedom from...
JUST IN: FG ORDERS IMMEDIATE REOPENING OF INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE IN LAGOS
The Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi has directed the immediate reopening of the Independence Bridge in Lagos to vehicular...