
ONDO COURT DETHRONES MONARCH, ORDERS FRESH SELECTION PROCESS
An Ondo High Court has deposed a first-class monarch in Ose Local Council of Ondo State, the Olute of Ute, Oba Michael Adetunji.
After a protracted chieftaincy battle spanning 29 years between the deposed Oba and the Olule Omoloja reigning house, Adetunji, a retired military officer, was dethroned.
The retired major who had been deposed should no longer parade himself as Olute, according to Justice Enikuomehin’s ruling.
The court, which granted damages, confirmed that Oluwole, being a member of the kingmakers, has no claim to the kingdom and ordered a new selection process to be conducted within the Olule Omoloja ruling lineage.
CBN SAYS OPAY, MONIEPOINT, OTHERS TO RESUME ONBOARDING NEW CUSTOMERS ‘IN MONTHS’
Speaking about the ruling, the claimant’s attorney, Mr. Adewumi Fabuluje, claimed that the Olule Omolaja Ruling House had finally won the lawsuit, noting that it had begun in 1995 and had been heard in all courts.
Fabuluje clarified that following the Appellate Court’s decision, the Supreme Court remitted the matter to the High Court for a new trial.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...