
SALLAH: BRING ILLICIT GOODS, FACE THE LAW – CUSTOMS WARNS SMUGGLERS
The Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, Ogun Area 1 Command, has warned smugglers to drop any plan of bringing illicit goods into the country during the forthcoming Eid-el Kabir celebrations.
The Area Comptroller, James Ojo, who issued the warning on Tuesday in Ota, Ogun State, said offenders would be made to face the wrath of the law.
Ojo said that many smugglers had been arrested several times, adding that they would continue to be arrested, especially those engaging in smuggling rice into the country.
The area comptroller reiterated that the Federal Government did not want any illicit or banned goods to come into the country in whatever form.
“We are warning smugglers to desist from dealing in illicit goods, as customs is not relenting in dealing with such acts and I want to assure them that we are equal to the task.
“In addition, we are at our best in customs and we will not leave any stone unturned to ensure that smugglers are brought to book,” he said.
Though Ojo stated that the staff strength in the service might reduce now due to the Muslim personnel celebrating Sallah, he, however, said adequate deployment would be made in strategic locations to beef up security.
More Stories
BRT BUS IN FLAMES: DRIVER, MOTOR BOY FLEE AS PASSENGERS ESCAPE DEATH IN LAGOS
Passengers aboard a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) vehicle narrowly escaped death on Saturday morning after the bus caught fire in...
UK LABOUR PARTY SUSPENDS MP DAN NORRIS AFTER RAPE ARREST
The UK’s ruling Labour Party on Saturday said that it had suspended MP Dan Norris after he was arrested on...
LAGOS INVESTIGATES DEATH OF PREGNANT WOMAN REFUSED HOSPITAL CARE DURING LABOUR
The Lagos State Government has vowed to hold accountable all parties involved in what it described as “tragic and shocking...
FRSC OFFICIAL, 24 DEAD IN HORRIFIC OGUN MULTIPLE CRASHES
At least 25 people, including an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps lost their lives while eight people were...
MOURINHO HANDED THREE-MATCH BAN, £6,000 FINE FOR NOSE-GRABBING INCIDENT
Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho has been banned for three matches and handed a fine of around £6,000 ($7,734.00) after grabbing...
EXAM MALPRACTICE: DON WANTS SMARTPHONES BANNED IN SCHOOLS, VARSITIES
In a bid to curtail the increasing rate of examination malpractice and impact of social media on academic performance government...