
WHY I DUMPED BARCA FOR CHELSEA – GUIU
Chelsea new signing Marc Guiu has explained the main reason why he decided to depart Barcelona for the London club.
The Blues triggered the striker’s £5million release clause and he has now signed a five-year contract with the option of a further year.
“My main reason for wanting to sign for Chelsea was the football and sporting project the club is offering me here,” Guiu was quoted on Fabrizio Romano’s X handle.
“I feel the trust everyone who works at the club is putting in me. The plan here is exciting.”
A Spain U-19 international, Guiu progressed through the ranks at Barcelona’s renowned La Masia academy.
Guiu featured for Barcelona’s first-team in pre-season last year.
He enjoyed a memorable competitive senior debut against Athletic Bilbao as he scored the winner just 23 seconds after coming on.
Also Read: Simon To Resume Training At Nantes Wednesday
He was the youngest and fastest debutant to score for Barcelona in LaLiga.
In total, Guiu played seven senior games for Barcelona and scored twice, with his other strike coming against Royal Antwerp in the Champions League.
In addition to Guiu, Chelsea have made two other major signings so far in this transfer window.
Defender Tosin Adarabioyo joined on a free transfer following the expiry of his contract at Fulham, while youngster Omari Kellyman signed from Aston Villa for £19million.
More Stories
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...
EDO GUBER TRIBUNAL JUDGMENT BETRAYS JUDICIAL IMPARTIALITY — PDP
The National leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has described the judgment of the Edo State Governorship Election Petition...
“WE WERE HELD WITH HYENAS, SNAKES” – GENERAL TSIGA RECOUNTS KIDNAP ORDEAL
Former Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier General Maharazu Tsiga (rtd), who spent over two months in...
NATASHA HAILS INEC, MOCKS RIVALS OVER FAILED RECALL BID
The lawmaker representing Kogi Central, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, on Thursday, commended the Independent National Electoral Commission for rejecting the process...
I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE CLOSURE – UMAHI
The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has said that he was unaware of the closure of the Independence Bridge in...