
NSCDC NABS 32-YEAR-OLD JOB SCAMMER IN KANO
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kano State Command, has apprehended an alleged job scammer who specialised in defrauding people of their hard-earned money by promising them fictitious employment in Kano State government ministries.
In a statement on Wednesday, the command’s Public Relations Officer, Ibrahim Abdullahi, revealed that the 32-year-old suspect, Mu’azu Mohammed Ibrahim, was arrested after weeks of intense tracking of his whereabouts.
“The suspect, Mu’azu Mohammed Ibrahim, 32 years old, a resident of Sagagi Quarters, Kano Municipal LGA, was arrested after weeks of intense tracking of his whereabouts, following complaints lodged by individuals, mostly women, who had been duped by the suspect of more than N1.2 million,” Abdullahi said.
READ ALSO :
ALLEGED N347M DRUG FRAUD: KANO ANTI-GRAFT AGENCY ARREST KWANKWASO’S NEPHEW, PS, THREE OTHERS
According to him, the suspect lured his victims by pretending to be a key government official who could secure them employment in government ministries, departments, and agencies—a false promise that eventually proved to be untrue.
Abdullahi added that the investigation has been concluded, and the suspect will be charged in court by the corps’ legal unit.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...