
UKRAINE STRIKES RUSSIAN OIL REFINERY IN MASSIVE DRONE ATTACK
Ukraine announced on Friday that it had carried out a major drone attack, striking a Russian oil refinery and a microchip factory. The attack reportedly caused fires at the refinery’s production facilities and an oil pumping station.
Earlier, Russia claimed its forces had repelled the overnight drone assault, but four industry sources confirmed that one of the country’s oldest refineries, located in Ryazan, southeast of Moscow, had been hit. The strike reportedly set fire to oil storage facilities and damaged equipment, including a railway loading rack and a hydrotreater unit used for removing impurities from refined products.
Videos shared on social media showed flames and thick smoke engulfing the Ryazan refinery, with people seen fleeing the area in apparent panic.
If verified, the attack highlights Ukraine’s capability to strike deep into Russian territory as both sides seek to consolidate their positions ahead of potential peace talks, which could gain momentum following Donald Trump’s return to the White House.
The U.S. president has stated his intention to swiftly end nearly three years of war in Ukraine.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...