
POLICE RESCUE FIVE KIDNAP VICTIMS IN DELTA OPERATION
Operatives of the Special Anti-Kidnapping and Cybercrime Squad of the Delta State Police Command confronted suspected kidnappers in the Ubuluku-Ogwashi-Uku forests, where several hostages were being held.
During the operation, they successfully rescued five members of Elyon Paradise Ministry, Ogwashi-Uku, who had been abducted while attending a church night vigil.
Following the February 22, 2025, kidnapping incident, Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Olufemi Abaniwonda, deployed tactical teams to Ogwashi-Uku.
On February 25, 2025, a team led by the squad’s Commander, CSP Labe Joseph, in collaboration with the Ubuluku community vigilante group and concerned residents, raided the forest to free the victims.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Bright Edafe, stated that, “The kidnappers, upon sighting the police, engaged them in a fierce gun battle but could not withstand the superior firepower of the operatives. They fled, abandoning the victims.”
The statement also revealed that items recovered from the scene included 13 spent cartridges and a bag containing ₦1,300,000, believed to be ransom money.
Additionally, the police confirmed that a manhunt is underway for the fleeing suspects.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...