
LAGOS POLICE INTENSIFY MANHUNT FOR FINAL SUSPECT IN LASU GRADUATE’S MURDER
The Lagos State Police Command has ramped up efforts to track down Teniola Ajisomo, the last remaining suspect in the murder of 28-year-old Lagos State University (LASU) graduate, Adedamola Ogunbode.
Ogunbode, who had been missing since January 16, was found buried in a shallow grave behind LASU’s Ojo campus on March 12.
Investigations led to the arrest of several suspects, including a pastor, Sunday Whepetoji, who allegedly received N70,000 from the victim’s account, and Sheriff Adebayo, a church member, who was accused of receiving N300,000.
Also arrested was Omolara Ajisomo, who reportedly helped her children, Teniola and Olaoluwa Ajisomo, flee to Cotonou, Benin Republic, after each allegedly withdrew N300,000 from Ogunbode’s account.
Olaoluwa was later arrested in Alakuko, Lagos, and led police to the shallow grave. However, Teniola remains at large.
Lagos police spokesperson CSP Benjamin Hundeyin confirmed on Monday that the manhunt for Teniola continues.
He said, “The suspect is still at large and we are trying to get him and we will soon get him. The Shepherd and Sheriff are in Ikoyi correctional centre and Ajisomo who took us to the grave is still with us and is assisting with the investigation.”
Hundeyin also confirmed that Omolara who aided the escape of her children had been released.
“The mother of two of the suspects has been released. She was arrested because her children used her identity to register the SIM. It was the SIM registration that led us to her. But when we discovered that she was not the one using the phone and we arrested the person using the phone, so we let the mother go.”
Hundeyin who addressed newsmen in the course of the probe said the church where some people alleged that the missing boy was killed and buried had been sealed to prevent it from being burned.
“The church was sealed following intelligence reports that some people planned to burn it down out of vengeance, and we do not want that to happen.
“It is still a suspected crime scene, we still need to go over it, and we may need to revisit that scene multiple times for us to gather evidential value.
“The church has been sealed for now to prevent it from being burnt. And we assure the public that updates will be given about the investigation and the progress we have made as soon as we get new updates,” he said.