
SOLDIERS BEAT UP POLICEMAN, LASTMA OFFICIAL IN LAGOS
BY DAMILOLA LAWRENCE
Some soldiers of the Nigerian Army on Wednesday morning beat up a policeman and an official of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority along Eko Bridge in Lagos.
According to reports gathered, the soldiers were on one-way when the policeman and the LASTMA official stopped their vehicle and ordered them to turn back and take the right lane.
However, the situation became tensed after confrontations as both parties could not come to an agreement. The soldiers, who refused to turn back, reportedly pounced on the two officials and began to beat them.
It was gathered that another set of soldiers in a different vehicle, who were driving on the right lane stopped, when they noticed the scene and joined their soldier colleagues in beating the officials.
Although the situation is now under control and both parties are said to have apologized to each other, it was learnt that the wounded officials are presently receiving medical treatment in the hospital.
Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Lagos State Command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said the incident was true however, everything had been resolved.
He said, “Yes, the incident happened this morning along Eko bridge. Everything is fine now and our man is undergoing treatment at a hospital. Both parties have apologized to each other and there is no cause for alarm. The situation is under control.
“The Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Police Force in Lagos State will continue to co-exist in harmony,” he said.
More Stories
BRT BUS IN FLAMES: DRIVER, MOTOR BOY FLEE AS PASSENGERS ESCAPE DEATH IN LAGOS
Passengers aboard a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) vehicle narrowly escaped death on Saturday morning after the bus caught fire in...
UK LABOUR PARTY SUSPENDS MP DAN NORRIS AFTER RAPE ARREST
The UK’s ruling Labour Party on Saturday said that it had suspended MP Dan Norris after he was arrested on...
LAGOS INVESTIGATES DEATH OF PREGNANT WOMAN REFUSED HOSPITAL CARE DURING LABOUR
The Lagos State Government has vowed to hold accountable all parties involved in what it described as “tragic and shocking...
FRSC OFFICIAL, 24 DEAD IN HORRIFIC OGUN MULTIPLE CRASHES
At least 25 people, including an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps lost their lives while eight people were...
MOURINHO HANDED THREE-MATCH BAN, £6,000 FINE FOR NOSE-GRABBING INCIDENT
Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho has been banned for three matches and handed a fine of around £6,000 ($7,734.00) after grabbing...
EXAM MALPRACTICE: DON WANTS SMARTPHONES BANNED IN SCHOOLS, VARSITIES
In a bid to curtail the increasing rate of examination malpractice and impact of social media on academic performance government...