
OYEBANJI ORDERS PROBE INTO KILLINGS OF EKITI MONARCHS, VOWS TO BRING KILLERS TO JUSTICE
The governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Biodun Oyebanji, has denounced the heinous attack that took place in the Oke-Ako area of Ikole Local Government on Monday, which resulted in the horrific deaths of two traditional rulers.
He gave the state’s security services the order to track out the murderers.
While returning from a conference, armed men ambushed and assassinated the two traditional rulers of Imojo Ekiti, Oba Olatunde Samuel Olusola, who was the Onimojo, and Oba David Babatunde Ogunsola, the Elesun.
Oba Adebayo Fatoba, the Alara of Ara-Ekiti was the third traditional monarch, who however, managed to flee the assault.
In a statement issued by Yinka Oyebode, Special Adviser on Media to Governor Oyebanji, stated that security personnel had been sent to the scene to apprehend those responsible for the horrible murder.
Less than an hour before the event, the governor, who was presiding over the state security council meeting in Ado-Ekiti, declared that every effort would be made to bring the offenders to justice.
He conveyed to the residents of Imojo and Esun Ekiti the sympathies of the State government and people over the tragic event.
In addition, the governor asked the residents of the two communities to maintain composure and abstain from enforcing the legislation.
He claimed that the government will see to it that justice was done.
In an endeavor to eradicate crime and criminality from the state, Governor Oyebanji tasked security services with maintaining vigilance and resolve.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...