
MILITARY DECLARES HALILU BUZU WANTED FOR TERRORISM, ILLEGAL ARMS SUPPLIES
The Director of Operations, Major General Edward Buba, made this announcement in Abuja during the biweekly Defence Media Operations media briefing. He stated that Halilu Buzu, a native of Niger, lives in a forest in Zamfara State and frequently flees to the Niger Republic after carrying out attacks in Nigeria.
On the other hand, General Buba stated that the military is collaborating with its counterparts in the Niger Republic to guarantee the capture of the terrorist who employs numerous boys.
Buba added that in the previous two weeks, 253 kidnapped victims had been successfully rescued by Nigerian Army troops.
He said that the Troops of Operations Y-Watch, the Troops of Nokia-Fighting Patrols, and the Troops of Operations Delta State were responsible for the accomplishment.
While also announcing the killing of some insurgents, he said the fight against terrorism is one that “must be won”.
Speaking further, Buba also said that the troops neutralised 227 and arrested 529 terrorists. Eleven perpetrators of oil theft were also arrested in the weeks under review.
“We relentlessly target these categories of terrorists such that we will be able to take them out, and take them off battle field as soon as possible.
“Soon, the fate of such terrorists will be decided. It will be violent and it will be short, and will stop at nothing to take them off the battle field,” he said.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...