KOGI GOVT ACCUSES NATASHA OF INCITING VIOLENCE, CALLS FOR SECURITY INTERVENTION

Read Time:3 Minute, 37 Second


The Kogi State Government has dismissed allegations by suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, calling them “reckless, malicious, and completely false.”

In a statement on Tuesday, Commissioner for Information and Communication, Kingsley Fanwo, urged security agencies to monitor Akpoti-Uduaghan’s “inflammatory remarks and actions,” insisting she should be held responsible for any attempts to incite violence.

The government also refuted her claims that Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo, former Governor Yahaya Bello, and Senate President Godswill Akpabio should be blamed if anything happens to her.

Fanwo described her allegations as “another desperate and calculated attempt by an incurable liar and serial manipulator to mislead the public, incite unrest, and present herself as a victim.”

According to the commissioner, Akpoti-Uduaghan’s actions violated the state government’s ban on political gatherings, which was imposed to maintain law and order.

He further accused the senator of attempting to use her visit to “stir trouble and violence in Kogi Central Senatorial District.”

“We will not allow any part of the state to go up in flames nor permit the killing of innocent souls by the actions of the suspended Senator,” the statement read in part.

Fanwo also claimed that despite deleting her post accusing the government of endangering her life, screenshots had been taken before its removal. He maintained that security reports had earlier indicated plans by “certain elements” to cause unrest in Kogi Central.

“Let it be categorically stated that Governor Ododo has no interest in the political theatrics of the suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan. Her baseless allegations are nothing but a feeble attempt to stir unnecessary controversy and cover up her blatant disregard for the law,” he stated.

The commissioner accused the senator of a “pattern of lawlessness” and using deceit to gain public sympathy. He maintained that her alleged defiance of security directives had made her a “security threat” in the state.

“The people of Kogi State and Nigerians at large should see through her deceptive ploys and reject her attempt to manipulate public perception with outright lies. Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan is not a victim; she is an instigator of disorder who thrives on spreading falsehoods to gain public sympathy,” he said.

Fanwo said that the Kogi State Government would not be “blackmailed or intimidated” and warned that the senator would be held responsible if her actions led to any violence.

“Let it be clear that the security of every citizen in Kogi State, including that of Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, remains a priority. However, the government will not tolerate anyone deliberately provoking crises and then crying wolf when confronted with the consequences of his or her actions,” he said.

He called on security agencies to monitor Akpoti-Uduaghan’s “reckless utterances and inflammatory actions,” asserting that she should be held accountable for any attempts to incite violence.

The government’s statement was a reaction to Akpoti-Uduaghan’s visit to Kogi State on Tuesday, where she was warmly received by supporters despite a state-imposed ban on political gatherings.

Supporters from five local government areas in Kogi Central assembled in Ihima, Okehi LGA, to welcome the embattled senator. She arrived in a white helicopter to cheers, music, and celebrations.

Speaking to the crowd, Akpoti-Uduaghan downplayed the government’s restrictions, stating that her visit was solely to celebrate Sallah with her constituents.

“Yesterday, we heard on the news that rallies and gatherings will not be allowed, that roads will be blocked, and convoys leading into the state will not be allowed. I knew that we were the targets. But then I said, this is not political season, this is not campaign time,” she said.

She further stated, “We are not having a rally. This is just me, the Senator representing Kogi Central, coming down to her people to celebrate this festive time – the Sallah with you, and there is nothing wrong with that. I am breaking no law. This is Nigeria. We have the right to be free, to express our choice in gatherings and celebrations.”

Her visit came after the Okehi LGA chairman imposed a curfew and security agencies issued warnings.

Akpoti-Uduaghan had previously alleged that Senate President Akpabio and former Governor Bello would be responsible for any threats to her safety.

She insists she is being politically targeted, particularly following her Senate suspension over allegations of sexual harassment involving Akpabio.

Loading

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %