Mohamed Salah signs new Liverpool deal
#MTNshortz3SixtyWorld
Salah only joined Liverpool last summer but during his first campaign, the Egyptian scored 44 goals in 52 appearances and picked up a number of individual accolades, including the PFA Players’ Player of the Year and the Premier League Golden Boot.
Real Madrid had been linked with a speculative move for the 26-year-old, but Salah has instead decided to commit his future to the Merseyside giants.
Manager Jurgen Klopp told the club’s official website: “I think this news can be seen for what it is; rewarding a person who performed and contributed greatly for the team and the club last season.
“It demonstrates two things very clearly also – his belief in Liverpool and our belief in him. We want world-class talent to see they have a home at Anfield where they can fulfil all their professional dreams and ambitions – we are working hard together to achieve this.
“When someone like Mo Salah commits and says this place is my home now, it speaks very loudly I think. Equally, our commitment to him says we see his value and want him to grow even more and get even better within our environment.”
The news comes on the same day that Liverpool begin pre-season training ahead of the new season, but Salah will not be involved after representing Egypt at the World Cup.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...