50 SHIITE MEMBERS REPORTED DEAD IN THE CLASH WITH SOLDIERS
50 members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, IMN have been reported dead during the clash with the security operatives on Monday along the Nyanya-Keffi expressway.
Speaking with Channels TV, a member of the sect group, Mohammed Gamara, disclosed that about 200 members were injured during the attack.
“So far, I don’t have the exact number of the casualties and the martyrs but if we say they are more than 50, killed by the Nigerian Army, I don’t think I will be exaggerating,” Gamara said.
More Stories
ABIODUN MOURNS AS OGUN APC SPOKESMAN, OLADUNJOYE PASSES AWAY
The Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ogun State, Tunde Oladunjoye, has passed away. Oladunjoye is said...
WORK TO BEGIN ON INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE IN THREE WEEKS – UMAHI REVEALS
The Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, says that permanent work on the Independence Bridge will commence in three weeks. Briefing...
MWAPA HOLDS FIRST MANAGEMENT MEETING WITH NEW PERMANENT SECRETARY, MRS. RIANAT ‘JIBIKE ONIGBANJO
The Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation (MWAPA) held its first management meeting with the newly appointed Permanent Secretary,...
NEWS: SCAVENGER DIES, THREE HOSPITALISED AS MILITARY GRENADE EXPLODES IN LAGOS
A military-grade grenade detonated near Idi-Araba in the Mushin neighborhood of Lagos State, killing one unidentified scavenger. Three additional people...
COURT ARRAIGNS THREE NATIVE DOCTORS FOR ALLEGED RITUAL CRIMES IN ANAMBRA
Three native doctors—Chidozie Nwangwu, also known as "Akwa Okuko Tiwara Aki," Eke Hit, and Onye Eze—have been charged by the...
UPDATE: DEATH TOLL IN PLATEAU ATTACK RISES TO 52
According to local authorities, 52 people have died as a result of the recent attacks in Plateau State's Bokkos Local...