JUST IN: BARCA SACK VALDES AS YOUTH TEAM COACH AFTER FURIOUS ROW WITH KLUIVERT
Barcelona have axed academy coach Victor Valdes after he reportedly had a furious row with former Holland striker Patrick Kluivert.
Franc Artiga has replaced former Barca goalkeeper Valdes, who had only taken over as the Under-19 coach this year after a season at Moratalaz.
Valdes was prevented from taking charge of the youth team at the weekend as Nou Camp chiefs looked into his position following the spat with former Barca legend Kluivert.
The former Ajax striker became Director of Youth Football in the summer in a big shake-up at the Nou Camp.
According to Catalunya Radio, the pair have been at loggerheads since then.
But last week, the row hit boiling point.
In a statement published on the Barcelona website, the club said: “Victor Valdes, coach of Juvenil A, will not travel to the game, which will be played against Gimnastic de Tarragona at the Municipal Camp de la Pobla de Mafumet.”
Former Spain No1 Valdes, 37, won six La Liga titles and three Champions League crowns at Barca, having come through the ranks.
The former Manchester United stopper only returned to the club in July but Kluivert’s seniority meant Valdes had to go as the war of words continued.
Kluivert was at the Nou Camp from 1998 to 2004, winning the La Liga title in 1999.
They were team-mates in 2002, before Kluivert joined Newcastle.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The Sun
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...