Manchester United is my dream team, Ighalo
Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo has confessed that he will not be able to turn down an offer to Manchester United during the transfer window despite categorically stating previously that he was not in a hurry to leave Watford.
Ighalo who spoke with The Sun said would find it hard to say no if Manchester United made an approach for his services but has played down the prospect of leaving Vicarage Road this month.
Amid speculation linking him with a move to the likes of Atletico Madrid and Roma, Ighalo says he wants to stay in the Premier League, most likely at Watford.
But the 26-year-old has now acknowledged United would prove difficult to turn down.
Former Udinese and Granada man Ighalo told The Sun, “There has been speculation from Spain and Italy but I’ve played there and now want to play in England.
“I don’t think I will be moving but I’m not sure I’d say no if United called.
“They were my team growing up. I loved watching Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke on TV.
“They were my idols and playing at Old Trafford has always been a dream.”
Ighalo has been one of the standout performers for Quique Sanchez Flores’ side on their return to the Premier League – helping Watford to ninth in the table with 20 games gone.
More Stories
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...
TINUBU LEADS DIGNITARIES TO NDSF OPENING CEREMONY IN UYO
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is expected to on Wednesday, April 2nd flag off the much anticipated Niger Delta Sports Festival...