Aso Villa Demo Day: 30 Nigerians Selected To Pitch Their Innovative Ideas before Presidency
Thirty young Nigerians have been selected to pitch their ideas before the presidency, as well as other investors for the first edition of Aso Villa Demo Day.
They were selected from hundreds of other innovative individuals at three different events in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.
Participants pitched ideas and solutions for Technology, Agriculture, Communications, Power, Fashion, and Entertainment displaying talent, skill and critical thinking.
The criteria used for selection were:
Can this idea make money?
Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic?
What is the value proposition to customers?
Is there a functional product?
Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience?
How resource intensive is the idea?
Is this idea scalable?
The first thirty were picked from the average total of the scores.
Some of the selected Participants/Ideas
Oladimeji Sofowora, Wole Ralph and Laolu Ojeniyi‘s One Medical is a connected health records platform with a patient and doctor database.
Emmanuel Okena’s Tracology, is a patent smart payment app for waste management. It is an application that will track and fine defaulters as bar codes will be scanned to confirm who has paid dues, levies and rates.
Loui Auta of Cedar’s Seeds Foundation‘s idea is to build solar panels in strategic locations by disabled people.
Abubakar Gabar and Ahmed Gobir’s data capturing technology which uses radio frequency to connect.
Ife Oladapo’s Grit Systems that produce generators that would reduce power consumption.
Tolu Adeyanju’s Red Bank idea which will help blood banks manage their records and connect them with donors and hospitals.
Desmond Okoye’s Doctor’s Office NG, a platform that has been designed in such a way that users will have free access to doctors and also book an appointment from the comfort of their homes.
Peter Agada’s C4ISR Infrastructure that has been designed as a surveillance and communication device for our nation’s military.
Angela Adelaja’s Fresh Direct, a platform for Nigerian farmers where they take their products to the larger public and also be trained to use technology to sell their farm produce.
See the full list below:
- Chika Uwaze – Talent Base
- Obidipe Oluwaseun – Mocapro
- Tele Ogundipe – Egusi Soupe
- Amaka Osita – Fuel Voucher.com.ng
- Tolu Adeyanju – Red Bank
- Ifedayo Oladapo – Grit Systems
- Nkem Okocha – Mama Moni Limited
- Ebuka Nwora – Etyres
- Dami Olokesusi – Shuttlers NG
- Amarachi Nwanamodo – Amagzy Global Ventures
- Oladimeji Sofowora, Wole Ralph, Laolu Ojeniyi – One Medical
- Mogbeyiteran Tosan – Blackswan
- Angela Adelaja – Fresh Direct
- Ahmed Sodiq – Micro Scale embedded
- Dimgba Kalu – Projaro
- Abubakar Garba and Abdul Samad Gorbin
- Emmanuel Okena – Tracology
- Lois Auta – Cedar’s seed
- Kamaludeen Sabiu – Seamless systems
- Peter Agada – Tiller Cyrus
- Desmond Okoye – Doctor’s Office NG
- Uzuq Tim – Tembe.com.ng
- Alifa Nicholas – Ajaoku.com
- Roland Reagan and Edmond Adoku – Meditech
- Akinola Solomon – Africa on the rise tech community
- Alison Ukonu – Recycle points
- Uche Ariolu – Foodstantly
- Benson Godwin – Tuteria
- Mina Ogbanga – Ascent GP
- Odior Yole – GO CV
The finalists will be attached to different Tech Hubs for more training and development, before finally pitching their ideas before the president at Aso Rock. The date for the event has not yet been announced.
Photo Credit: Twitter – Aso Villa Demo Day