Real Madrid skipper Sergio Ramos: ‘This year has been one of our worst years
Madrid skipper Ramos is aware of the gulf in quality between the two clubs so far this season, but is hopeful that the club’s search for a third-successive Champions League crown keeps the players united until the end of the campaign.
“We will continue fighting to stay as high as possible. The Champions League and the rest of the season should serve to try to recompose the group,” he told reporters after his side’s latest disappointing result.
“It is not normal to be at this distance. Something we have done wrong, letting out many points in games that were controlled. It has been one of our worst years.
“The team works, nobody is hiding, everyone goes to the front and when there is a complicated situation you have to be protected, be united, and it is the only way to do something worthwhile in the Champions League.”
Madrid have now failed to win nine of their 20 La Liga fixtures and were recently eliminated from the Copa del Rey at the quarter-final stage.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...