
LAGOS POLICE PRO CLARIFIES ‘MOB ACTION’ ON POLICEMAN
By ‘Leke Yusuf
The Public Relations Officer of the Lagos State Police Command. SP Benjamin Hundeyin has made clarifications on an incident whereby a policeman was allegedly beaten into a coma earlier today.
Earlier reports had alleged that law enforcement officers, including an unidentified policeman, were involved in an attempt to seize possession of a certain Yusuf’s vehicle. The encounter took a wrong turn when Yusuf was allegedly forced onto the path of an oncoming BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) bus, resulting in a collision that left him unconscious and gravely injured.
However, Hundeyin in a post on his social media account, gave a different account of the incident.
He wrote “This was a road accident that occurred when a BRT bus hit a minibus that had been stopped by the police for illegally using the BRT lane. The person with the bloodied hand was not shot at all, let alone by the police. The person on the floor is a policeman, but was not beaten to stupor by anyone. They both were victims of the same accident.
“They have been rescued and are currently stable. Beating to stupor takes more than a second. How come there is no video/picture of the beating while it lasted?”
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...