FG’s Looters List Should Include Players From ‘Broomers Fc’ – Shehu Sani
The lawmaker representing Kaduna Central Senatorial District, Senator Shehu Sani, has urged the Federal Government not to limit the names of treasury looters being compiled for publication to members of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.
Sani, who spoke figuratively in a Facebook post on Friday, said the list should include members of the ruling All Progressives Congress and the cabal suspected to be in the Presidency.
The post read, “The Federal Government’s decision to publish the names of looters is commendable. Hope the ‘call-up’ list will not be limited to the ageing ‘Umbrella United’ players, but will include those in the ‘Broomers FC’ and ‘Paris Saint Germain’ and ‘Dynamo Cabal FC’ players.”
While the APC was figuratively referred to as the broom party, PDP was referred to as the umbrella party.
President Buhari had reportedly directed ministries, departments and agencies to compile names of public officials who embezzled government funds and from whom some loot had been recovered.
Making the disclosure on Wednesday, the Executive Director, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, Mr. Adetokunbo Mumuni, after a meeting with the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), had said Buhari’s directive was in response to an order by the Federal High Court, Lagos, directing the Federal Government to publish the names of looters and how much was recovered from each of them.
More Stories
WORLD NEWS: CANADA RETALIATES WITH 25% TARIFF ON SOME US AUTO IMPORTS
Canada said it would impose a 25 per cent tariff on some autos imported from the United States, retaliating against...
DELTA HIGHLIGHTS CURRENT FLOOD CONTROL EFFORTS AMIDST HEAVY RAINFALL
Wednesday night, after several hours of intense rain, vehicles were stopped at Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area, Delta State....
JUST IN: NSA RECEIVES EX-NYSC DG TSIGA, 18 OTHER RESCUED KIDNAP VICTIMS
The National Counter Terrorism Center has handed over the former Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Maharazu Tsiga,...
WIKE DISMISSES VIRAL REPORT THAT HE COLLAPSED
Nyesom Wike, the minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), denied on Thursday that he had fainted last week, calling...
‘BLATANT LIES’ PRINCE HARRY HITS AT AFRICA CHARITY
Prince Harry said Thursday he was relieved the UK’s charity watchdog had opened a probe into Sentebale, the African group...
CRIME: BANDITS KILL 12 FARMERS IN SOKOTO COMMUNITY
At Lugu town in the Isa Local Government area of Sokoto state, terrorists purportedly commanded by Bello Turji, a highly...