Antonio Conte ‘no longer Chelsea boss’
#MTNshortz3sixtyworld
Conte, 48, was widely expected to lose his job at the end of last season, with the Blues finishing in fifth position in the Premier League table.
The Italian was surprisingly still in charge of the English club when they resumed pre-season training earlier this week, but according to Sky Sport Italia, he has now been relieved of his duties.
Earlier this week, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis claimed that Maurizio Sarri was close to sealing a move to Stamford Bridge, and an announcement is expected to arrive in the coming hours.
Conte’s contract with Chelsea was due to expire in 2019, meaning that the Italian will be due a pay-off by owner Roman Abramovich.
The former Juventus manager led Chelsea to the Premier League title in his first year in charge, before landing the FA Cup last term with a 1-0 win over Manchester United.
The Blues will begin their pre-season with a clash against Perth Glory on July 23.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...