AC Milan join Benfica, Crystal Palace in race for Joel Obi
#MTNshortz3SixtyWorld
Joel Obi is attracting interest from Italian club AC Milan in the
ongoing transfer window, as per reports.
Tuttomercatoweb.com claims AC Milan are mulling over a move for the
Torino midfielder who began his career in Italy with The Rossoneri’s
bitter rivals Inter Milan.
Obi has entered the final twelve months of his contract with Torino
and they are looking to sell him to recoup majority of their previous
investment on the player and the fact that he has not been offered a
new contract suggests that he is not in the plans of manager Walter
Mazzarri for the forthcoming season.
Though the 27-year-old had been linked with Premier League club
Crystal Palace plus Portuguese duo Benfica and Porto, the most
concrete interest has come from Celta Vigo who saw a 5 million euros
bid turned down by Torino.
He was named in Nigeria’s squad list for the 2018 World Cup but did
not see any minutes during the tournament in Russia.
Joel Obi has made 110 appearances in the Serie A for Inter, Parma and Torino.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...