
UPDATE: 64 BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS ESCAPE KUJE PRISON – DEFENCE MINISTER
By Sumayyah Olapade
The attack on the Kuje custodial centre in Abuja led to the release of no fewer than 64 Boko Haram militants.
Terrorists from Boko Haram allegedly attack the facility on Tuesday night.
According to reports, 300 convicts have been apprehended so far after 600 were supposed to have escaped the custodial centre.
64 Boko Haram militants were being held in prison, the Minister of Defense, Major General Bashir Magashi (retired), told reporters at the center, adding that all had been freed by the attackers.
Well, we also heard about the attack, he said. Between 10 and 10:25 am, the incident began, and security personnel recaptured some people. In reality, they arrived in large groups and liberated a number of prisoners. Now, we’re attempting to determine what kind of prisoners they freed.
“We are doing everything we can to ensure that every escape from a jail cell is brought back to the prison yard.
“We currently have 600 of the estimated 994 detainees inside. A lot of people are being captured again. According to the documents, the individuals who came to carry out this action are members of a certain group, and all signs point to Boko Haram.
“Currently, they are about 64 of them as inmates and we could not locate them.”
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...