
TYSON FURY CALLS AJ OUT FOR WBC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BELT: “LET ME KNOW IF YOU’RE INTERESTED”
Tyson Fury has publicly called for a fight with Anthony Joshua, offering the former champion the chance to box this year.
Talks had begun to match Fury, the WBC belt holder, with Oleksandr Usyk, the Ukrainain who beat Joshua last month to defend the unified WBO, WBA and IBF belts, in an undisputed heavyweight championship fight.
But it has emerged that Usyk will not be able to box again this year, leaving Fury looking for an opponent. He wants that to be Anthony Joshua next.
“I think you’ve all heard that I’m going to be fighting soon within the next few months,” Fury said.
“I think that before I announce an opponent that I need to do this just in case.
“Anthony Joshua, I know you’ve just lost a fight to Usyk and you’re bout-less at the moment, and I’d like to give you an opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world and the lineal championship in the next few months,” Fury said in a public address to Joshua.
“You’re coming off a 12-round fight, so you’re match fit, you’re ready. I’m giving you a few months’ notice.
“If you’re interested I’ll send you the date over and we can rumble. A battle of Britain for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world.
“Let me know if you’re interested, if not I will select another opponent.”
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...