
MBAPPE TO STAY AT PSG, EXPECTED TO EXTEND CONTRACT TILL 2025
Kylian Mbappe will play for Paris Saint-Germain this season and is expected to sign a contract extension until 2025, according to club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
The France international trained with the first team on Sunday after he indicated he is committed to the club and the institution.
Al-Khelaifi, who visited the squad at the training ground on Sunday morning told the PSG players: “Kylian is committed to PSG. Kylian is back”
PSG later said in a social media post: “Following very constructive and positive discussions between Paris Saint-Germain and Kylian Mbappe before the PSG – Lorient game, the player has been reinstated into the first team training squad this morning.”
This comes after Mbappe had previously told PSG he will not leave the club under any circumstances during this window and was prepared to sit out the entire season.
Mbappe’s current deal expires in 2024 and PSG had accepted a £258m bid from Al Hilal last month, but the forward rejected the one-year move to Saudi Arabia.
More Stories
BRT BUS IN FLAMES: DRIVER, MOTOR BOY FLEE AS PASSENGERS ESCAPE DEATH IN LAGOS
Passengers aboard a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) vehicle narrowly escaped death on Saturday morning after the bus caught fire in...
UK LABOUR PARTY SUSPENDS MP DAN NORRIS AFTER RAPE ARREST
The UK’s ruling Labour Party on Saturday said that it had suspended MP Dan Norris after he was arrested on...
LAGOS INVESTIGATES DEATH OF PREGNANT WOMAN REFUSED HOSPITAL CARE DURING LABOUR
The Lagos State Government has vowed to hold accountable all parties involved in what it described as “tragic and shocking...
FRSC OFFICIAL, 24 DEAD IN HORRIFIC OGUN MULTIPLE CRASHES
At least 25 people, including an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps lost their lives while eight people were...
MOURINHO HANDED THREE-MATCH BAN, £6,000 FINE FOR NOSE-GRABBING INCIDENT
Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho has been banned for three matches and handed a fine of around £6,000 ($7,734.00) after grabbing...
EXAM MALPRACTICE: DON WANTS SMARTPHONES BANNED IN SCHOOLS, VARSITIES
In a bid to curtail the increasing rate of examination malpractice and impact of social media on academic performance government...