
LASG NOT INVOLVED IN THE REMOVAL OF RTEAN CHAIRMAN – LASPGA ANNOUNCES
The state government has been cleared of any involvement in the ouster of Musa Muhammed as Chairman of the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) by the Lagos State Parks and Garages Administration (LASPGA).
The decision became imperative, according to Sulaimon Onabanjo, its deputy state chairman for operations, who addressed it yesterday on behalf of other members during a media briefing at the LASPGA office, in light of rumors and suspicions that the state government had a hand in the expulsion.
He said that Muhammed’s dismissal was brought on by, among other things, his manipulation of the association’s funds, rowdy behavior, abuse of authority, divide-and-conquer tactics, and haughtiness.
“The association, during Muhammed’s leadership period, was in total disarray as he was allegedly fuelling discord and hate among members.
“His style of leadership was what led to fracas at Iyana-Iba that prompted Lagos State government to intervene and not allow the situation to degenerate into breakdown of law and order,” Onabanjo said.
“We state in clear terms that the Lagos State government has nothing to do with Alhaji Musa Muhammed and the purported court order of the National Industrial Court (NIC) he is relying on, and had already been appealed.
“There is no court order for the Lagos State government to obey on the subject matter for now,” he added.
More Stories
SECURITY: NAF APPOINTS NEW SPOKESMAN
The Nigerian Air Force has announced the appointment of Air Commodore Ehimen Ejodame as its new spokesperson. He takes over...
DELTA HIGHLIGHTS CURRENT FLOOD CONTROL EFFORTS AMIDST HEAVY RAINFALL
Wednesday night, after several hours of intense rain, vehicles were stopped at Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area, Delta State....
FIRE GUTS NORTHWEST UNIVERSITY BUILDING IN KANO
A fire outbreak on Thursday gutted the 9th floor of the Northwest University City Campus building in Kano, affecting several...
JUST IN: NSA RECEIVES EX-NYSC DG TSIGA, 18 OTHER RESCUED KIDNAP VICTIMS
The National Counter Terrorism Center has handed over the former Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Maharazu Tsiga,...
“I’M TIRED OF BEING CALLED PROSTITUTE” – KATE HENSHW
Actress Kate Henshaw of Nollywood has voiced her annoyance at trolls who use vile language against her on social media...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...