
MICHAEL JACKSON’S ESTATE TO RELEASE 40TH ANNIVERSARY “THRILLER” EDITION FEATURING UNRELEASED TRACKS
By Adeniyi Onaara
The Michael Jackson Estate and Sony have announced a 40th anniversary re-issue of “Thriller.”
Following its 40th anniversary, Michael Jackson’s Thriller will be republished for the third time, following reissues in 2001 and 2008. According to Sony and the Michael Jackson Estate, the album will be published on a double-disc format that includes a copy of the original album as well as a disc of previously unheard tracks.
This news comes only days after MJ the Musical won ten Tony nominations for its sustained popularity on Broadway. The musical, directed by Miles Frost, celebrates Michael Jackson’s life and accomplishments.
Thriller surpassed expectations by winning 8 Grammys in 1984, including Record of the Year, Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, and Album of the Year.
It is the best-selling album of all time, with over 100 million copies sold worldwide. Thriller has spent over 500 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart, making it only the 12th album in history to do so.
The album was one of Jackson’s first after leaving Motown Records in 1975 for Epic Records, where he spent the most of his early career. Jackson went on to record a slew of additional popular albums, including “Off the Walls” and “Bad,” among many others.
The CD will be available with an alternate cover at Target, and a limited commemorative 40th-anniversary slip mat will be available at Walmart.
More Stories
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...
EDO GUBER TRIBUNAL JUDGMENT BETRAYS JUDICIAL IMPARTIALITY — PDP
The National leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has described the judgment of the Edo State Governorship Election Petition...
“WE WERE HELD WITH HYENAS, SNAKES” – GENERAL TSIGA RECOUNTS KIDNAP ORDEAL
Former Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier General Maharazu Tsiga (rtd), who spent over two months in...
NATASHA HAILS INEC, MOCKS RIVALS OVER FAILED RECALL BID
The lawmaker representing Kogi Central, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, on Thursday, commended the Independent National Electoral Commission for rejecting the process...
I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE CLOSURE – UMAHI
The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has said that he was unaware of the closure of the Independence Bridge in...