
GLAZER FAMILY UNWILLING TO LOWER THEIR £6bn MANCHESTER UNITED VALUATION
Manchester United owners, the Glazer family are unwilling to negotiate on their £6billion asking price for the club which be a world-record deal if it ever happens.
The American owners, who completed a takeover in 2005 and have faced persistent fan protests, are open to a sale the club.
But it will be on their terms after setting an eye-watering value on United, one which sources say they are unlikely to deviate from.
Ineos, the petrochemical conglomerate owned by one of Britain’s wealthiest men, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, last week formally announced they are studying a deal.
Investment banking firm Raine are lining up other potential suitors but the pool of possible buyers is small.
The bidding process is not yet underway, although the Glazers are not averse to remaining in control if they do not see the value in any offers eventually presented to them. Co-chairman Joel Glazer is still taking an active role in the running of the club.
Roman Abramovich’s sale of Chelsea last year, a £2.5bn payment with a further £1.75bn in funding, has taken the value of Premier League clubs into another stratosphere.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...