Ekiti APC says it won’t accept governor as a member
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti State has said that it will not accept Governor Ayo Fayose as a member.
The party made the comment while criticizing Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola for visiting Fayose and praising his achievements.
The Ekiti APC made its remarks via a statement released by Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatunbosun.
The statement reads:
“Aregbesola’s visit to Fayose praising him as ‘omoluabi’ and for the achievements by APC-led government is not only embarrassing but also awful in the face of sustained attacks on APC members, some of whom are still languishing in jail for about two years over trumped-up charges by Fayose.”
“It is shocking that Aregbesola as a governor and one of the leading lights in APC in the South-west and indeed the nation would be visiting Ekiti State without putting the leaders into confidence, more so on a visit to a man who once wished the President dead and had done unbelievable things both in Nigeria and abroad to bring Buhari’s government down.
“Worse still, Aregbesola was praising the man who will stop at nothing to bring APC-led federal government down after several years of failed attempts by the progressives to win the presidency of Nigeria.”
Aregbesola visited the state over the weekend after being invited by Fayose to attend Ekiti’s 20th anniversary celebrations.
More Stories
WORLD NEWS: CANADA RETALIATES WITH 25% TARIFF ON SOME US AUTO IMPORTS
Canada said it would impose a 25 per cent tariff on some autos imported from the United States, retaliating against...
DELTA HIGHLIGHTS CURRENT FLOOD CONTROL EFFORTS AMIDST HEAVY RAINFALL
Wednesday night, after several hours of intense rain, vehicles were stopped at Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area, Delta State....
JUST IN: NSA RECEIVES EX-NYSC DG TSIGA, 18 OTHER RESCUED KIDNAP VICTIMS
The National Counter Terrorism Center has handed over the former Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, Maharazu Tsiga,...
WIKE DISMISSES VIRAL REPORT THAT HE COLLAPSED
Nyesom Wike, the minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), denied on Thursday that he had fainted last week, calling...
‘BLATANT LIES’ PRINCE HARRY HITS AT AFRICA CHARITY
Prince Harry said Thursday he was relieved the UK’s charity watchdog had opened a probe into Sentebale, the African group...
CRIME: BANDITS KILL 12 FARMERS IN SOKOTO COMMUNITY
At Lugu town in the Isa Local Government area of Sokoto state, terrorists purportedly commanded by Bello Turji, a highly...