
BREAKING: LUIS ENRIQUE QUITS AS SPAIN HEAD COACH AFTER WORLD CUP EXIT
The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) has announced that Luis Enrique has resigned from his position as head coach of Spain, following the nation’s elimination from the World Cup.
The RFEF issued a statement thanking Luis Enrique for his service and expressing its desire to start a new project for the national team.
The statement confirmed that Luis Enrique’s contract, which is due to expire at the end of the year, would not be renewed.
Spain suffered a disappointing last-16 exit at the tournament in Qatar after losing to Morocco on penalties on Tuesday.
The 52-year-old had been in charge of Spain since 2018, said after the match that he was to blame for the defeat.
More Stories
TRUMP’S TARIFFS A ‘NATIONAL CRISIS,’ SAYS JAPAN PM
US President Donald Trump’s tariffs on Japanese goods are a “national crisis”, Prime Minister Shigeru Ishiba said Friday ahead of...
ALAAFIN OF OYO URGES MODERATION, UNITY AHEAD OF CORONATION
Oba Akeem Owoade, the Alaafin of Oyo, advised the historic city's inhabitants and indigenous people to rejoice in moderation on...
POLICE RESCUE KIDNAPPED FOREIGNER IN TARABA
The Taraba State Police Command, in collaboration with the military and hunters, have rescued a kidnapped foreign national. The Israeli...
VETERAN BOLLYWOOD STAR MANOJ KUMAR DIES AT 87 AFTER PROLONGED ILLNESS
Manoj Kumar, an Indian actor best known for his parts in patriotic Hindi-language films, passed away on Friday at the...
BREAKING: SUPREME COURT OVERTURNS JUDGMENT AFFIRMING ABURE AS LP NATIONAL CHAIRMAN
The Supreme Court has set aside the judgment of the Court of Appeal in Abuja recognising Julius Abure as the...
CRIME: THREE FOREIGNERS ARRESTED IN NASARAWA ILLEGAL MINING SITE RAID
An illicit mining facility in the Rafin-Gabas neighborhood of Kokona Local Government Area, Nasarawa State, has been closed by the...