Lukaku escapes suspension for Bong clash
Video footage showed Lukaku appearing to kick out at Bong following a tussle between the pair at the 66th-minute corner from which Ashley Young scored United’s deflected winner in the 1-0 victory.
But Goal and Omnisport understand Lukaku will face no further action from the Football Association in relation to the incident after it was reviewed by three former match officials.
Each member of the panel would have had to agree the 24-year-old’s actions were worthy of a sending off for further action to be taken and this was not the case.
If the Belgium international had been landed with a violent conduct charge, he would have been in line for a three-match ban to rule him out of the matches against Watford on Tuesday, Arsenal and Manchester City.
As it is, Lukaku is free to make his 200th Premier League appearance at Vicarage Road.
Lukaku has 12 goals for United in all competitions since joining from Everton for £75million in July but failed to find the net for the ninth time in 10 matches against Brighton.
More Stories
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
OLMO, VICTOR APPROVED TO COMPLETE SEASON WITH BARCELONA
On Thursday, Spain's sports commission announced that Dani Olmo and Pau Victor will be permitted to continue playing for Barcelona...
UEFA PRESIDENT SLAMS FIFA’S 64 TEAM WORLD CUP AS ‘BAD IDEA’
Agency Report UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said on Thursday it would be “a bad idea” for FIFA to expand the...
SPORT NEWS: SKIING WORLD CUP CHAMPION BRIGNONE SUFFERS BROKEN LEG
Agency Report Alpine skiing World Cup champion Federica Brignone suffered a broken leg at the Italian championships on Thursday when...
SPORT: PROSECUTORS DEMAND JAIL TERM FOR ANCELOTTI FOR TAX FRAUD
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s tax fraud trial wrapped up Thursday in Spain, with public prosecutors seeking demanding he be...
SPAIN PROSECUTORS TO APPEAL RULING OVERTURNING ALVES’ RAPE CONVICTION
Spanish prosecutors said Wednesday they would a appeal a court ruling that overturned former Brazil international footballer Dani Alves’ rape...