Buhari thanks Nigerians as son leaves hospital
President Muhammadu Buhari and his family on Friday thanked all those who identified with them after the bike accident that involved their son, Yusuf, in Abuja on December 26.
In a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the first family said prayers rendered by those within and outside the country let to their son being discharged from hospital.
“We thank Nigerians from all walks of life, both within and outside the country, leaders of many foreign countries, groups, organisations, individuals, and many others, who prayed, visited, sent messages, and generally stood by us at the trying time,” the family said, praying that almighty Allah would reward them all.
Adesina confirmed that Yusuf was discharged from Cedarcrest Hospital, Abuja, on Friday, following what the Chief Medical Director described as his “extremely speedy response to treatment.”
The presidential spokesman had earlier in the day issued a statement indicating that Yusuf’s health had improved remarkably and he was ready to be discharged.
He had said the news of Yusuf’s improved health and imminent discharge was contained in a statement dated January 12, 2018, by the Medical Director of the Hospital, Dr. Felix Ogedegbe.
He reproduced Ogedegbe’s statement which also denied media reports that the President’s wife, Aisha, also suffered shock and was treated at the hospital.
He also quoted the report as saying that there was also no truth in the report that Yusuf was involved in the accident alongside his friend.
More Stories
POLICE RESCUE 14 ABDUCTED BUS PASSENGERS IN BENUE
Police in Benue State have successfully rescued 14 passengers who were kidnapped on Thursday night near Otukpo. In a statement...
OYO STRENGTHENS SECURITY AHEAD OF ALAAFIN’S CORONATION ON SATURDAY
With the coronation of the 46th Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Akeem Owoade, scheduled for Saturday, April 5, 2025, the Oyo...
ANAMBRA 2025: UMEOJI WITHDRAWS FROM APC PRIMARIES
In the lead-up to the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primary election in Anambra, scheduled for Saturday, one of the...
PLATEAU ATTACK DEATH TOLL RISES TO 52
The death toll from recent gunmen attacks in several communities within the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State has...
NAVY INTERCEPTS 400,000 LITRES OF STOLEN CRUDE IN DELTA OPERATION
The Nigerian Navy’s Operation Delta Sanity II recovered over 400,000 litres of stolen crude oil across the Niger Delta in...
TINUBU APPOINTS AYO SOTINRIN AS BANK OF AGRICULTURE MD
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Ayo Sotinrin as the new Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture (BOA), with immediate...