
BUSINESS: BRITISH DESIGNER KIM JONES QUITS DIOR MENSWEAR
After seven years in charge of Dior Homme’s menswear collections, British designer Kim Jones announced his resignation as artistic director on Friday.
“The House of Dior wishes to express its deepest gratitude to Kim Jones, who has accelerated the development of men’s collections internationally and has greatly contributed to the worldwide influence of the house by creating an inspiring wardrobe that is both classic and contemporary, and connected to some artists of our time,” it said on X.
The 51-year-old Londoner began work at Dior in 2018 and initially introduced a younger streetwear-influenced look to the classic Parisian house.
Believing that “gender doesn’t matter any more”, his designs are deliberately androgenous.
Drawing inspiration from the fashion house’s renowned Line H collection for fall-winter 1954–1955, he debuted his final collection for Dior Homme in Paris last week, putting some models in blindfolds.
After four years in charge, Jones resigned in October of last year as the artistic director of womenswear for Fendi, another LVMH-owned brand.
AFP
More Stories
HEALTH: SIERRA LEONE STARTS MPOX VACCINATION AS CASES RISE
Sierra Leone on Wednesday started injecting frontline health care workers and high risk-individuals and children from age 12 with a...
NATASHA SLAMS YAHAYA BELLO, URGES HIM TO FOCUS ON CLEARING HIS NAME
Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has urged former governor Yahaya Bello to focus on addressing the corruption allegations against...
TRUMP SLAPS HEAVY TARIFFS ON CHINA, EU, OTHERS
Agency Report US President Donald Trump on Wednesday unveiled a raft of punishing tariffs targeting countries around the world, including...
UPDATE: POLICE UNCOVER CRIMINAL HIDEOUT AT SAGAMU INTERCHANGE, BEEF UP SECURITY
The Ogun State Police Command on Wednesday said it has beefed up security around the Sagamu interchange, on the Lagos-Ibadan...
FORMER NYSC DG, TSIGA, REGAINS FREEDOM FROM KIDNAPPERS DEN AFTER 2 MONTHS
The former Director General (DG) of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig,-Gen Maharazu Tsiga (rtd) has regained freedom from...
JUST IN: FG ORDERS IMMEDIATE REOPENING OF INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE IN LAGOS
The Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi has directed the immediate reopening of the Independence Bridge in Lagos to vehicular...