
DENNIS SNUBBED AS AWONIYI, AINA MAKE NOTTENHAM FOREST’S 25-MAN PL SQUAD
Nottingham Forest have released their final 25-man squad list for the 2023/24 Premier League season with Super Eagles duo of Taiwo Awoniyi and Ola Aina making the confirmed roster. However, there is no room for Nigerian forward Emmanuel Dennis.
Aina, who only joined Forest this summer on a free transfer after leaving Serie A’s Torino, is among the 11 defenders available for Steve Cooper’s side.
Awoniyi will lead the attack for the Tricky Trees, with former Chelsea boy Callum Hudson-Odoi, ex-Liverpool forward Divock Origi, and Englishman Chris Wood providing the support act.
Super Eagles striker Awoniyi was Forest’s top goalscorer last term with ten goals, and the former Union Berlin attacker has already begun this campaign in excellent form.
Awoniyi has three goals and an assist in four games and has been nominated for the Premier League’s Player of the Month award for August.
The former Liverpool signing has already claimed both of Nottingham Forest’s Player of the Month and Goal of the Month awards.
Forest have, however, left Awoniyi’s compatriot Dennis in the cold.
Dennis joined Nottingham Forest last year from Watford but endured a below-par campaign.
The former Club Brugge man has been linked with a move to Turkey’s Adana Demirspor and Istanbul Basaksehir after reportedly rejecting a proposal from Russian outfit CSKA Moscow.
More Stories
LAGOS GOVT PROBES TRAGIC MATERNAL DEATH, VOWS JUSTICE FOR VICTIM, FAMILY
…Commiserates with Bereaved Family, Says No Woman Should Die Giving Life The Lagos State Government has expressed deep sadness over...
BRT BUS IN FLAMES: DRIVER, MOTOR BOY FLEE AS PASSENGERS ESCAPE DEATH IN LAGOS
Passengers aboard a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) vehicle narrowly escaped death on Saturday morning after the bus caught fire in...
UK LABOUR PARTY SUSPENDS MP DAN NORRIS AFTER RAPE ARREST
The UK’s ruling Labour Party on Saturday said that it had suspended MP Dan Norris after he was arrested on...
LAGOS INVESTIGATES DEATH OF PREGNANT WOMAN REFUSED HOSPITAL CARE DURING LABOUR
The Lagos State Government has vowed to hold accountable all parties involved in what it described as “tragic and shocking...
FRSC OFFICIAL, 24 DEAD IN HORRIFIC OGUN MULTIPLE CRASHES
At least 25 people, including an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps lost their lives while eight people were...
MOURINHO HANDED THREE-MATCH BAN, £6,000 FINE FOR NOSE-GRABBING INCIDENT
Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho has been banned for three matches and handed a fine of around £6,000 ($7,734.00) after grabbing...