
DISTURBING: GUNMEN KILL EIGHT SOLDIERS, POLICEMEN IN IMO
No fewer than eight security peratives comprising soldiers, policemen and Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps have been killed by unknown gunmen in Imo State.
The incident which happened on Tuesday morning in Umualumaku community, Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of the state has thrown the area into panic.
The joint security taskforce team who were in two security trucks were ambushed and set ablaze by their attackers.
JUST IN: ATIKU APPEALS TRIBUNAL JUDGEMENT AT SUPREME COURT, SEEKS NULLIFICATION
None of them survived as they were burnt inside their operational vehicles, according to reports.
A security operative who doesn’t want to be mentioned told our correspondent that reinforcement teams had been sent to the scene of the crime with the intent to arrest the suspects and rescue the corpses of the slain security operatives.
A resident in the community who do not want to reveal his identity for security said that he saw the security agents a few minutes before they were set ablaze.
He said that the community had been thrown into confusion, owing to the development.
Our correspondent saw a video clip of the attack as the security agents set ablaze in the two vehicles.
When contacted, the spokesperson for the police in the state, Henry Okoye, confirmed the development but asked for time to get the full details of the horrible incident.
More details, shortly.
More Stories
BRT BUS IN FLAMES: DRIVER, MOTOR BOY FLEE AS PASSENGERS ESCAPE DEATH IN LAGOS
Passengers aboard a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) vehicle narrowly escaped death on Saturday morning after the bus caught fire in...
UK LABOUR PARTY SUSPENDS MP DAN NORRIS AFTER RAPE ARREST
The UK’s ruling Labour Party on Saturday said that it had suspended MP Dan Norris after he was arrested on...
LAGOS INVESTIGATES DEATH OF PREGNANT WOMAN REFUSED HOSPITAL CARE DURING LABOUR
The Lagos State Government has vowed to hold accountable all parties involved in what it described as “tragic and shocking...
FRSC OFFICIAL, 24 DEAD IN HORRIFIC OGUN MULTIPLE CRASHES
At least 25 people, including an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps lost their lives while eight people were...
MOURINHO HANDED THREE-MATCH BAN, £6,000 FINE FOR NOSE-GRABBING INCIDENT
Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho has been banned for three matches and handed a fine of around £6,000 ($7,734.00) after grabbing...
EXAM MALPRACTICE: DON WANTS SMARTPHONES BANNED IN SCHOOLS, VARSITIES
In a bid to curtail the increasing rate of examination malpractice and impact of social media on academic performance government...